Ofcom, the UK telecoms regulator, has just released a report (The Communications Market 2007) that is hundreds of pages long but very interesting. Among the little tidbits of information in this report which covers TV, radio, broadband, Internet use, fixed and mobile telephony are:
- women 25-34 spend more than 20% online than men;
- of the 70 million mobile phone subscriptions in the UK, 64 percent are prepaid, 36 percent on contract;
- broadband speed doubled between 2005 and 2006;
- online advertising is one quarter of total press advertising;
- 78 percent of people who own DVRs (digital video recorders) skip the ads;
- 60 percent of 10-year olds own a mobile phone.
Click here to read more little tidbits I have picked out from this report.